You can expect 5 days of pure MTB in the valley of one of Scotland’s major rivers. This fantastic Scottish scenery will definitely not let you down and as the proverb goes, “Once you are in, YOU ARE IN!”
Away from it all and closer than you think!
Visit the Tweed Valley – less than an hour away from Edinburgh, yet the hub of MTB in the UK! All the riding will take place from the hotel itself as we easily have a week’s worth of riding from that location. This means no extra travel to the trails as they are just outside our doors!
This trip is suitable for a good intermediate skill and fitness level.
This means you:
- are generally comfortable riding most types of terrain in different conditions: singletrack, double track, muddy, dry, loose, bedrock…,
- can brake, use gears and corner instinctively,
- will have a go on moderate technical features, such as small rock gardens, small drops, and steeper sections, but may get off and walk certain technical features,
- ride more than once a week throughout your biking season,
- will be aiming to tackle more of those moderate technical features,
- have a good level of bike fitness, exercising at least three times every week throughout the year, for an hour at a time,
- can ride a mountain bike for up to six hours a day at a moderate pace, with snack and photo stops, for three or more consecutive days,
- can tackle two or three fairly significant climbs a day, up to 2000 feet each.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Edinburgh Airport (Scotland)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||as per request|
|RETURN TIME||as per request|
|GROUP SIZE||4 – 8 participants|
Day 1 – Arrive and prepare for your adventure
Welcome to Scotland. Meet at Edinburgh Airport where we will transport you to the Tweed Valley, your Scottish home during your vacation. We will check you into your hotel where everyone will meet the guide and hosts who will make you feel welcome and give you essential information on the local area. It’s a chance to get your bike ready (or get to know your hire bike) and bond with the rest of the group. (If you’re traveling a long way or across several time zones to Scotland then we would recommend arriving a day or two early in the UK to allow your body to adjust and to make sure any flight or luggage delays don’t spoil your trip).
Day 2 – Warm up ride at Glentress and beyond
Time to set up, refine your bikes and hit the first trails. A part of this day is a skill and safety check and establishing the group ability. Your guide will introduce you to some fun local trails and let you know some of the hidden Glentress secrets. We will ride from and return to your hotel or accommodation. All rides are accessible from your accommodation!
Day 3 - 6
Your guide will create an itinerary on a daily basis based on the changing factors, dynamic of the group, acknowledging the experiences of the local guides about the weather conditions and the state of trails. Consequently, the guide will choose the most suitable option for you to experience the best of the Tweed Valley. Expect: fantastic scenery in the valley of one of Scotland’s major rivers (the Tweed), lush green mountains, big country “all mountain” days climbing to over 2000 feet then descending the same amount, heather clad moorland and ancient drover’s roads and passes, fantastic trails through stunning coniferous forest, experiencing trails used in the Enduro world series, lots of Scottish history on the way, warm and welcoming hospitality throughout your vacation. Each day, we will ride from and return to your hotel or accommodation. All rides are accessible from your accommodation with no transfers needed which is of great benefit!
Day 7 – Free (ride) day
Final day to rest or ride the local waymarked trails at the local trail centers for one more blast without your guide. Meet with the group at a local restaurant for a final farewell meal with the group and your guide.
Day 8 – Departure day
Check-out and transfer back to the Edinburgh Airport.